Dear UNA-USA Member,
President Trump's new budget proposal contradicts everything our UNA-USA community stands for. It calls for drastic cuts in foreign affairs funding that would abandon the world's most vulnerable in a time of unprecedented need, undermine our national security, and cede ground to countries that don't share our interests or values.
We are the only group solely dedicated to standing up for the United Nations in Washington. So, could you please take a moment to send a letter to your Members of Congress urging them to fully fund the UN? The President's budget proposal is unsettling, but it's ultimately up to Congress to decide on a final budget. In other words, nothing has been finalized—Congress needs to hear from you.
Tell Congress to Protect U.S. Funding for the UN >>
We must take urgent action. If enacted, Trump's budget would:
- Disproportionately cut the overall International Affairs Budget by 32 percent, endangering millions of lives worldwide and jeopardizing America's influence in the global arena;
- Slash global health and humanitarian assistance accounts that provide funding for the vital work of UN agencies and programs like the World Food Programme (WFP), the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), and UNICEF;
- Zero out all international family planning funding;
- Eliminate all funding for UN climate change programs; and
- Cut contributions to UN Peacekeeping by 37 percent.
These cuts would cripple U.S. influence at the UN, further destabilize the world, and cause untold suffering. This budget is inexcusable.
Please click here to send a letter to your elected officials. It only takes a minute. Then, visit our advocacy webpage for more details on Trump's budget and ways to make your voice heard.
Lastly, if you'd like to strengthen your advocacy skills, please RSVP to attend one of our advocacy training webinars on May 30 at 8:00pm ET or June 6 at 4:00pm ET. We'll share the tactics and resources you need to influence your elected officials in support of the UN.
On behalf of the entire UNA-USA team, thank you taking action and standing with the UN during these challenging times. You're making a world of difference, and we're honored to be on your team.
Executive Director, UNA-USA